5/21 – Website Changes

Home Forums Announcements 5/21 – Website Changes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jamie
    Keymaster

I've updated the website to have a “Get Involved” section.  It shows you how to get involved in the Forums (I'm sure you already know that bit), but also how to get involved with the film and book clubs, the photography thing we've got going on here, and how to share resources to assist homeschooling families.

Chris
    Participant

Jamie, I was thinking with the 'get involved' section on the main website you could, rather than just link to the photographs board directly, maybe add a page similar to what you have done with the film/book club pages and include a couple of sentences about it, what we like to do and what we have done so far. It would look even better with say two, three or more random photos from the pool in between the text with a link to the photographs board at the bottom. What might be fun to get people really involved is to maybe have a proper 'photo project' (the BHPPP) where the goal is to try and photograph as many significant (or insignificant - the smaller places are just as important) places relevant to British history: castles, ruins, countryside, town and cities, Roman remains, items such as finds etc. etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be pertinent to the podcast per se just British history in general and welcome members from FB as well as I am sure there are more people on there than the forum. It would be pretty cool to build a photographic database that will take us on a journey from the beginnings to present day.When there are more photos the board could even be divided into regions such as 'north west', 'midlands', 'south east' etc. or simply just counties to help with navigation.I know this means more work in your already hectic schedule. Maybe just consider it for now and if you don't like the idea, no worries. I will try and get more photos over the summer months when I can  ;)

Jamie
    Keymaster

I think it's a great idea but I'm so overwhelmed it isn't even funny.  It's getting to the point where I think I'm going to start begging for help on non-podcast stuff since I spend at least half of my time these days doing non-podcasty stuff.If you have the time, and are interested, I'd happily make you a moderator (you sort of are already) so you could take point instituting some of these ideas.  I think they're truly fantastic, I'm just a bit overworked at the moment and the podcasts are falling behind because of it.

Chris
    Participant

I totally understand. I still don't know how you manage to do everything and I just wish I could help out more. As I say, it was just an idea and it can wait for the time being as it's not very high on the list of important stuff. The podcasts are always going to be numero uno on the list, which I am sure gets bigger by the day. This whole project is your baby and I can imagine it takes some nurturing. I'd feel like I was intruding on its development making some decisions that aren't mine to make, however, I would be honoured to help out where and whenever possible within my own time constraints if it makes your job with the podcasts that little bit easier.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

jQuery('.testimonials-widget-testimonials17')