3 days in London – what to see/do?

Home Forums General Discussion 3 days in London – what to see/do?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tary Coppola 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Tary Coppola
    Participant

Hi folks – I’ll be in London for a short three days (April 23-May 1), and am looking for interesting things to see/do – with a focus on early Medieval but preferably anything before the Plantagenet era. I’m especially interested in the Roman Occupation through Norman Conquest period. I was in London briefly this past summer and saw the Sutton Hoo exhibit at the British Museum, but was with family who were more interested in shopping than soaking up some British history. I’ll be on my own (thank goodness) this time, and plan to go to the Museum of London, and also the Tower of London, and maybe do a London Walks tour. I arrive via Eurostar on Saturday morning, and leave on Monday afternoon – so not much time. I also realize it’s a bank holiday weekend, so some things may either be closed or worse, over-crowded with school children. But I’m up for a whirlwind weekend, want to soak up all that history my family deprived me of last summer! Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

jQuery('.testimonials-widget-testimonials17')