1066 -fantastic 4 hour tv movie of the end of the Anglo Saxon Era

Home Forums TV and Film 1066 -fantastic 4 hour tv movie of the end of the Anglo Saxon Era

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

damianlz
    Participant

As someone who has dramatically disappointed by the Vikings and who has recently gotten into the Anglo Saxon/Viking era thanks to games like Saga I would HIGHLY recommend watching 1066 – Battle For middle earth. Despite the title the show is told in smaller scale and is obviously done with reenactors and on a TV movie budget. My biggest gripe is the aluminium chainmail but there are a lot of greatness in this show and I came to love all 4 hours of it.You can watch a poorer quality version of part one here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnC6l6_TaMAPart 2 is also online

Mak
    Participant

A friend and I have written a three part drama called 'Tapestry' on the events leading up to 1066. We're still hoping the BBC will take it up before 2016! Unfortunately, there are about three other scripts out there too.Mak

anonymous
    Participant

I love the 1066 program. Made it more human I felt. Hope the script got taken up Mak.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

jQuery('.testimonials-widget-testimonials17')