The Podcast isn't working correctly on my iPhone/Android/Computer/etc!
This is a common question. Generally, you can solve the problem with one of these solutions.
- Completely power off your device and then turn it back on again.
- Delete the Episode that's having trouble and re-download it.
- Delete "The British History Podcast" and resubscribe within your app.
- Delete your Podcast app and redownload it.
- Try directly connecting your device to the podcast by manually adding a podcast (google the name of your app and "manually adding a podcast" and you should find instructions on how to do this) and use this URL when you set it up: https://www.thebritishhistorypodcast.com/feed/podcast
- Many times, if there's a problem accessing the feed and you've gone through the troubleshooting steps, then it's probably an issue with your device. Here are some links... Apple Support, iPhone Support, Android Support.
- If none of those solutions, email me at [email protected]
I can't access the main podcast!
- You can listen on the site by clicking on the episode you want to listen to.
- Listen via iTunes by clicking here.
- Listen via Stitcher by clicking here.
- Access the RSS feed by clicking here
I am subscribed but I can't find all the episodes on my app!
- This is almost always an issue with your program or device, and you probably need to manually download the episodes.
- If you don't know how to do that, try Googling the name of your program and a string like "how do I download all the episodes of a podcast." Here's an example of a search like that for iTunes.
- Double check that you're properly subscribed.
- Power cycle your device, wait a little bit, and try again. It's possible that your device went haywire, or the site is getting hammered.
- If the problem persists, try contacting tech support for your app or device. Almost always, this is an error in how your app or device is set up.
I can't access the members episodes, transcripts, or timeline!
- Only members can access that material. If you aren't yet a member, you can sign up by clicking here.
- If you're a member, make sure you're logged in to the site by clicking here.
- If you became a member before May 2016, you will need to set up a new feed on your device because the old feed has retired.
- Instructions on how to set up the members episodes on your devices can be found in your Account Page.
I don't know what my username is!
- You can login using the email address associated with your Membership (ie, your email address you use on PayPal, Stripe, or Amazon).
I don't know what my password is!
- You can reset your password by clicking here.
- Make sure to check your spam/junk folder, and give it 5-10 minutes for the reset email to arrive. If it hasn't arrived by then, email me at [email protected]
I wrote to you but haven't heard back!
- Wait one full business day before you panic. I'm really busy and I'm told that I'm supposed to schedule time for sleep on occasion.
- Also, if your email isn't a hair-on-fire issue, you might not get a response right away. I do my best but I have to triage certain issues, so sometimes there are delays in my response time.
- If you have a hair-on-fire issue, and it's been a business day without a response, email me again. It's possible that something went wrong and I just didn't see it.